Tutorial: Copying a website Copy websites locally for offline browsing
In this first tutorial, we'll cover creating a new project and copying a website.
Creating the new project
- Select New from the File menu, or press Control+N
- An empty project will be created with everything set to default values
Setting the web site URL
- Set the Website field to be https://demo.cyotek.com/
Setting the download folder
- The Save folder will default to c:\Downloaded Web Sites. Also by default, the domain of the web site to copy (
demo.cyotek.comin this case) will be automatically appended to the folder path when copying the site for a final value of
c:\Downloaded Web Sites\demo.cyotek.com. In most cases, you can just leave the Save folder field at its default value.
Copying the web site
- Select Copy Website from the Project menu, or press F5
WebCopy will then download the website. As the tutorial website is very small, this should only take a few seconds.
Viewing the copying website
- Click the green arrow icon to the right of the save folder to view using File Explorer.
Saving the new project
- Select Save from the File menu, or press Control+S
- Enter a filename your project and click Save
The original location of this content can be found here.
Download current and archived versions of Cyotek WebCopyDownload
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista SP2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- 20MB of available hard disk space