Cyotek WebCopy Upcoming Changes Copy websites locally for offline browsing
The following are changes currently implemented in development builds of Cyotek WebCopy. Please note that these changes are not final and may be removed prior to the next stable release. If you have any comments about these forthcoming changes, please contact us.
Nightly builds featuring these changes are available from the Downloads page.
Warning! WebCopy projects saved using 1.8 are not compatible with older versions. If you use a nightly/beta version of 1.8 we strongly recommend you keep a backup of any project files saved using this version in case you wish to revert to an older version
- Added new setting for controlling the HTTP download buffer size
- Added new setting for controlling the size of the memory cache when downloading transient content
- The Rule Tester dialog now supports rules that use content types
- Added new rule options to allow download priorities to be set
- The Browse button in the Rule Editor now allows the selection or either URLs or Content Types depending on the rule setting
- Documentation improvements
- The Custom Headers editor is now consistent with other similar editors
- If a given URL is a redirect, the new location is given higher priority in the crawl queue than existing non-redirect entries
- Various graphics and glyphs have been replaced or made consistent with the other styles
- The rule option Do not allow children to inherit this rule has been removed
- HTML documents above the root would not be scanned if both the Download All Resources and Crawl Above Root settings were enabled
- Certificate checking always used the
HEADmethod, even if head checking was explicitly disabled for the project
- Per-URI memory cache is now correctly cleared after fully processing a given URI
- All transient downloads now make use of a memory buffer if possible, instead of only during an analyse
- The Status column in URI lists no longer displays Skipped for redirects.
- WebCopy now uses buffer pools instead of constantly creating and destroying buffers
The following changes are a sneak-peak of features that are currently being experimented with in separate branches from the core product. Due to this they are not available in nightly builds (and there is no guarantee they will be merged into the core branch).
- Crawl state persistence (pause, resume) [#165]
- Crawling now uses breadth first when prioritising enqueued items
Download current and archived versions of Cyotek WebCopyDownload
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista SP2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- 20MB of available hard disk space
This software may be used free of charge, but as with all free software there are costs involved to develop and maintain.
If this site or its services have saved you time, please consider a donation to help with running costs and timely updates.Donate