Cyotek WebCopy Roadmap Copy websites locally for offline browsing
The following enhancements are ideas to be added to WebCopy over time. The features listed here are in no particular order nor are a guarantee that such a feature will be implemented.
You can also view upcoming changes.
- Add the ability to localize the product
- Multi threaded crawling
- Ability to split a website in sections, allowing different settings to be applied to each, for example a forum might be marked as changes daily, while a FAQ area only monthly.
- Update the sitemap.org plugin to utilize the new last modified date support when generating sitemaps.
- For ASP.net sitemaps, the ability to enable security trimming (probably tied in with the split into sections enhancement)
- The ability to specify more advanced exclusion filters.
- Better query string support, such as the ability to remove values.
- Product help is a little weak in places
- Detect obsolete exclusions
- Add an online version
- Extend the reporting functionality to allow custom reports to be created
- Add the ability for content to be modified, such as removing HTML elements
- New rule support for crawl depth
- The ability to have multiple rules with the same base URI, and additional flags to control if a rule should be inherited
- The ability to control sorting via rules, currently all sorting is alphabetic by folder name or page title
- Add the ability to process rules based on sitemap type rather than a single global list
- Add the ability to allow content lengths to be used as a rule source, for example to prevent the downloading of files above a given size
- Rewrite list based inline editors to be less buggy
- Introduce a new chained filter rule engine, similar to Outlook Rules
The ability to check files in and out of source code control The ability to export and import robot.txt files Disable exclusions without having to delete them. The ability to map where page links have come from. Extend the plugin framework to allow more advanced providers to be added, and support for custom addons. The ability to store a hash and last modified date in the crawler project Find/filter functionality for lists The experimental filtering functionality added to the Link Map dialog makes it look cluttered. Improve the UI so the filtering can be extended. More command line parameters to allow for fully automating the process. Add support for sub domains. Add support for 401 challenge requests. Compression support for faster crawling. Expand the options dialog to allow disabled plugins to be re-enabled, or in fact disable existing plugins if required. The ability to upload sitemaps to your servers via FTP The ability to "ping" search engines when you update your sitemaps Better reporting for page errors, skipped pages, and external pages. A better product icon Update the GUI to support some of the crawler settings not currently exposed such as supported content types. Expanding the new Link Map feature to be a diagram rather than a list, allowing for continuous navigation through the links whilst continuing to be able to see previous navigation. Convert the project format to binary for a smaller file size and faster processing More intelligent exclusion processing so you can modify the exclusion list and dynamically update the sitemap without having to re-analyze the site. Proxy server support Speed limit support
Download current and archived versions of Cyotek WebCopyDownload
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista SP2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- 20MB of available hard disk space