Cyotek WebCopy Revision History Copy websites locally for offline browsing
- The original Include Subdomains option has been replaced with a new set of more comprehensive options, allowing for copying of sibling domains, linked resources, or everything
- Added a new Download all resources option. When set, WebCopy will download any non-HTML linked resource, regardless of source domain. If the file would normally be excluded, it will only be downloaded, not crawled
- Although the UI editor for additional hosts stated regular expressions could be used, this was never implemented. Regular expressions can now be used with additional hosts
- Added a new Sitemap plugin that will generate a simple HTML sitemap of all downloaded files
- Added a new Cookie Viewer plugin that allows a global view of cookies created during a crawl
- Added native support for the
- The Capture Form window now remembers it's size and position
- Added an address bar to the Capture Form tool to allow access to hidden login URI's, or for any other type of manual navigation
- Added a Scan button to the Capture Form tool allowing a manual scan for forms in the page if WebCopy failed to detect them initially
- The maximum redirect chain length setting can now be configured from the Advanced options group
- Added a new option to control if external redirects should also be followed
- Added support for the
- Added a new option to control if the results list should automatically scroll to show the active item while performing a website scan
- Now requires Microsoft .NET 4.6
- When following redirects after posting form data, all built in skip rules are ignored, so if a post to one site directs to another to complete the post, WebCopy will now always follow the redirect
- The Create Desktop Icon option in setup is no longer checked by default
- The Test URL dialog now uses the proxy settings of the currently open project
- The Website Links dialog has been slightly redesigned to prevent a crash when working with projects containing many thousands of links
- Information dialogs accessed from list views now display the selected context in an easier to read format than plain CSV
- The default maximum redirect chain length has been increased from 5 to 25
- HTTP Compression options have been removed from the Advanced options group into their own dedicated group
- Options for processing redirects have been removed from the Advanced options group into their own dedicated group
- Minor performance improvements
- Minor optimizations to reduce memory load
- Removed the setup option for creating a Quick Launch icon
- Removed support for opening legacy XML based WebCopy projects
- Due to offline help always being outdated due to the general weakness of the product manuals, the offline help files are no longer included in the setup, and requesting help will always display the online version
- Problems loading or saving the user agent store should no longer be fatal
- Some dialogs only supported local help requests and were unable to show help if the local help file was not available
- Fixed a crash that occurred downloading a file if the
Content-Encodingheader of the HTTP response was set to
- Fixed a memory leak in the sitemap component
- A number of HTML 5 specific tags were listed as Unknown in crawl result list views
- The UI now correctly reports if part of a crawl was aborted due to too many redirects
- Crawling the same project multiple times in succession reused the cookies from the preview crawl
- Trying to call
wcopy.exewith just the file name of an existing WebCopy project always displayed a message about unsupported protocols and refused to continue
- Fixed an unauthorized access crash that could occur when using the Capture Form tool (regression)
- Fixed an issue where external links could appear in some lists even when filtering options were set to exclude them
- Fixed a number of issues which prevented automatically logging into websites where the
postURI was different to the
getURI and value merging was required, or the post returned
302and the new location must be read to complete the login
- Fixed an issue where occasionally the Capture Form tool didn't refresh available forms after navigating to a page
- Fixed an issue where refreshing a page in the Capture Form tool didn't
- The CLI tool no longer incorrectly reports failures to download a single file as an application exception
- The CLI tool now correctly outputs the reason why a given URI failed when performing recursive downloading
- The Capture Form tool now correctly detects forms that are contained within frames
- Export to CSV option featured when context clicking some list views didn't correctly escape the CSV
- Fixed an issue where the entire application was terminated if CSV export failed
- Fixed an issue where URI's that were both invalid and very long could crash WebCopy
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to remap a CSS file
- Fixed an issue where URI segments containing spaces (or other encoded characters) weren't correctly decoded when generating local folder names
- Fixed an issue where downloaded files would ignore the save folder and start from the root directory if the URL was malformed and included a double slash after the domain, e.g.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when trying to process a
data:URI greater than
- The Capture Form tool was incorrectly using the
idattribute of form elements instead of the
- Setup was incorrectly downloading .NET Framework 4.5.2 setup if .NET Framework 4.6 was installed
- Speculative fix for loading date times from project files
- Speculative fix for odd crashes when opening the Capture Form dialog
- Double clicking an entry in the Cookies list view of the Test URL dialog now displays the details of the selected item
- WebCopy wasn't scanning the contents of
@importCSS rules were not being remapped if they did not use
- Fixed a crash which could occur when a request made via the Test URL dialog failed, and no response was available
- Fixed an issue where the Capture Form dialog sometimes did not list forms for a page when it should have
- Added support for the
- You can now specify custom attributes to include in link scanning
- When logging an exception, diagnosis actions are such as new version downloads or links to workarounds are now displayed, if applicable
- Now supports finding links via the
300"Multiple Choices" HTTP status code
- Slight improvements to scan performance
- Fixed a crash that occurred if you entered an invalid path into the Save Folder field then attempted to copy a website
- Fixed a problem where projects using a sub path and the Crawl above root URI option could save duplicate URI's into the project, causing a crash when attempting to reload the project
- Fixed a issue where sitemaps belonging to projects using a sub path and the Crawl above root URI option were corrupt
- When changing settings via the main Options dialog, some settings would not be applied as the old versions were cached
- Fixed a start up crash that occurred if the
externaltools.xmlfile was present, but invalid
- The XPath expression for
<meta http-equiv='refresh'support wasn't strict enough and was picking up more elements that it should
- HTML attribute scan rules that used regular expressions to transform only part of value of the attribute were incorrectly merged the transformed value
- The link checker tools would not report URI's that weren't found if the URI was also external
- The samples default tool link was incorrect
- Demo project corrections
- Added a new option to control whether or not new pre-release (beta) versions are included in update checks
- 64bit versions of WebCopy (GUI / CLI) and Link Checker (GUI / CLI) are now available
- You can now choose to display all errors, or only errors detected during the current scan in the Errors tab
- Activating list items in the different result tabs now opens the appropriate properties dialog
- Added useragent, prehead and no-prehead command line options to
- Uses alpha version of new exception logging library
- Disabled glass effects unless using Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Build was deploying the .NET 3.5 version of Luminitix
- If posting a form failed, the copy was automatically cancelled, but the reason why the post failed was not available
- Pressing enter in the sitemap tree view could cause the link properties dialog to be displayed twice
- The Link Checker GUI / CLI clients and the WebCopy CLI client no longer require the source URI to be qualified with the scheme, and will automatically add
httpif no scheme is present
- CLI tools now correctly report errors
- Default user agents of CLI tools were malformed
- In certain circumstances, command line arguments would not be parsed correctly
- 401 challenge dialogs were not displaying correctly, instead a "Cross-thread operation not valid" message would be displayed in the log
- Fixed a crash that occurred using the External Tools dialog the Environment Variables sub menu was clicked
- Fixed an issue where token menus (for example those in the External Tools dialog) containing environment variables could be excessively wide
- Fixed an issue where the exit code of the CLI tools could be incorrect
- If a view crashes when updating, it is now disabled for the remainder of the session without crashing the entire application
- Added a new command line version of WebCopy, allowing you to download single files or entire websites via the command line - perfect for use in scripting and maintenance tasks!
- Added a new Dead Link Checker tool, which you can use to scan a website and detect dead links. This tool is available as both a GUI client and a command line interface
- Experimental When analysing a site, WebCopy will now attempt to keep content in memory where possible, and only write it to disk if the content is above the default capacity
- CSV exports of link maps now include an integer column for the HTTP status in addition to the textual description
- Added a new option to disable the automatic URI remapping of downloaded files
- WebCopy now requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- The Errors tab no longer lists redirects, instead you can use the Redirects report
- Windows XP is no longer supported
- Removed the prefix with the website name / prefix with the website url option. This setting was confusing, served no real purpose and the default value was wrong
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a WebCopy project if the link map included a link to a resource without a default document, and a link to the same resource with the default document
- WebCopy was processing some failed URI's despite the fact they had failed (regression from previous version)
- WebCopy wasn't processing some response headers correctly if they weren't cased as expected (regression from previous version)
- WebCopy no longer remaps links in local content that has not changed during the current session
- Fixed an issue where WebCopy would send the
etagheaders even though the local content was no longer available
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when remapping document URI's at the end of a download
- Fixed a number of issues with
- Fixed an issue where WebCopy could incorrectly loose custom port information when combining two URI's in certain circumstances
- WebCopy was incorrectly shortening file names with multiple periods, ie
jquery.js(regression from previous version)
- Sometimes WebCopy would try to map a document URI to a file name that was actually a directory, causing a crash
- URI's path segments which contain illegal characters are now sanitized when converting them into file paths
- In-line CSS is now correctly crawled
- Crawling will no longer follow redirect chains beyond the 5th consecutive redirect
- Fixed an issue where meta data could be read incorrectly based on encoding type
- Problems that occur reading meta data for a downloaded file no longer block the crawl with a modal error dialog, instead the error is presented in-line at the end of the crawl the same as other errors
- Time stamps displayed on completion dialogs are no longer displayed in UTC
- Some columns in the results list view were not updated correctly unless the action was successful
- Fixed several occurrences where link information wasn't being updated correctly
- The Quick Scan dialog can now have the scan cancelled
- Fixed an issue where progress percentages for file downloads using gzip or deflate content encoding would be incorrect (regression from 220.127.116.11)
- Fixed a crash that occurred in the Test URI dialog when using the
POSTverb on a page without any forms (regression from 18.104.22.168)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using non-HTTP/S URI's from the Test URI dialog
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Test URI dialog and the current request failed (regression from 22.214.171.124)
- Fixed a threading crash that could sometimes occur when trying to access the Quick Scan dialog
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when closing the Quick Scan dialog while a scan was in progress
- Reinstated digital signatures
- When posting a form, existing values will be automatically merged with the user defined custom values
- Added a new tool for capturing a form, making it much easier to extract the basic tokens for posting a form
- Cookies are now supported by the Test URL dialog when making multiple requests from the same domain, including their own tab for viewing
- All standard HTTP verbs are now supported by the Test URL dialog
- The Test URL dialog has been split in two, so that the result content is always visible
- The Rule Editor, Form Editor and Test URL dialogs are now all resizeable
- Fixed an issue where some form values would not be encoded correctly
- GZip and deflate compressed data is now decompressed during the download, rather than after the entire content has been download
- The HTML view in the Test URL dialog now correctly updates each time a new request is made
- WebCopy would often given file names a numeric suffix even if there was no reason to
- If WebCopy tried to shrink a file name to fit within path limits, it incorrectly started by trimming the extension, instead of the name
- WebCopy failed to shrink file names where the base path was above 248 characters and promptly crashed
- Some files were missing from the setup that prevented exception reports from being submitted (regression from previous version)
- Fixed a duplicated shortcut between Rules and Test URI
- Exiting WebCopy while the RSS extension was updating caused a crash
- Fixed an issue where files could be loaded with the wrong encoding when remapping documents, causing subtle corruption with the final output
- The Scan Project repair tool crashed on start up (regression from previous version)
- Opening a project always marked it as changed, causing the UI to prompt to save changes unnecessarily
Changes and new features
- Temporarily removed digital signatures, these will be reinstated shortly
- Added Windows 10 to application manifests
- Added Requests Per Minute limit mode
- Added a new Enforce Limit Checks option. When set, limit requests will be enforced for all URI's that involved a HTTP request. If not set (default) limit requests will be enforced only for URI's that were successfully processed
- Fixed an issue where a WebCopy project could become corrupt
- Limit checks are no longer applied to URI's that were skipped due to being external or by a rule
- Changing the window font is now correctly applied to the main window when the settings are applied, rather than requiring the application to be restarted
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to obtain the display string for an enum value
- Fixed a crash that could occur if there was a connection error when trying to post a form
- Fixed an issue where the RSS feed wouldn't update when the Update Now option was used, unless a daily update was already pending
- Fixed a crash that could occur displaying the rules editor
Changes and new features
- Deprecated The prefix with the website url / prefix with the website domain name option of a crawl project has been deprecated and will be removed in a future update.
- Experimental Added the ability to specify additional hosts. This allows you to include multiple domains per project, for example a CDN
- Experimental Added proxy server support
- Activating an item in either the Request Headers or Response Headers tabs of the Test URI dialog now displays the header information in a dialog for easy viewing/copying
- The contents of the Select Mime Types dialog are now sorted
- Items in the Title Replacements and Forms editors can now be reordered via drag and drop
- Added a helper tool for backing up and restoring settings, or for resetting settings to default values
- Added a stand-alone update check tool
- The Status Code column in the Results list is now no longer cleared when an action is performed that didn't involve an HTTP request, such as remapping the local file
- The value of the Play Sounds setting wasn't being honoured by the Crawl Complete dialog
- The prefix with the website url / prefix with the website domain name option of a crawl project now defaults to prefix with the website domain name for new projects
- Pressing enter in the Post Values field of the Test URI dialog no longer activates the default button on the dialog
- Fixed an issue where only the end of a host was inspected when checking if a given URI was a sub domain of another. For example, it would incorrectly return that
static.oneexample.comwas a subdomain of
- Fixed an issue it was possible WebCopy wouldn't prompt to save changes when exiting
- An error is no longer displayed if you open a project saved using a newer version of WebCopy. The project will now be opened where possible, but a warning will now be displayed
- Repeatedly clicking column headers in sortable lists now correctly cycles between Ascending, Descending and None, instead of only Ascending and Descending.
- Fixed a problem where clicking the Add button in the Form Editor would clone the active form, including the internal ID of the form which should be unique, leading to crashes
- Fixed an issue where settings were both loaded and saved using thread specific culture data, which could cause a crash if the computer culture information was subsequently changed. All settings are now saved and load using an invariant culture.
- A crash no longer occurs if font information cannot be read correctly from stored settings
Changes and new features
- Simplified the highlighting and displaying of matches in the Regular Expression editor
- Added support for ETag's and the
If-None-Matchheader when reading headers to determine if a resource should be downloaded
- The duration of each URI crawled is now recorded
- The duration of the entire crawl is now recorded
- Added the ability to limit crawling to a number of requests per second. Options to configure crawl limits can be found beneath the Advanced node in the Project Properties dialog
- Added Slow Pages report
- Reports are now loaded from disk (and on demand) instead of being pre-defined; user reports are now supported
- Setup now allows you to customize which components are installed
- Added product RSS notifications add-in
- The Regular Expression editor now correctly displays line breaks in the Replace tab
- WebCopy now tries to be more intelligent when generating paths and file names for local files reach maximum path lengths, by shortening file names and sub folders to try and make files fit. This should reduce occurrences of
PathTooLongExceptionexceptions being raised
@importsdirectives are now correctly processed if the
urlkeyword was missing. Previously only
@import url('<file>');would work, now
@import '<file>';also works
- Fixed an issue where the update check could cause the main window to be unresponsive
- The Quick Scan dialog no longer crawls either sub-domains or above the root URI
- Fixes an issue where the Quick Scan dialog wasn't cleaning up correctly when closed
- A URI that returns an error status code is no longer flagged as "skipped" with the reason "Invalid Content Type".
- If a crawl was cancelled due to a HTTP status code, the results list no longer flags any such URI as "skipped", but retains the original, correct, value
- After editing a rule or form, the enabled state of the item could no longer be correctly toggled via the check boxes in their respective lists
- In certain circumstances, creating a backup of a file could take a substantial amount of time
- Fixed an occasional
The path is not of a legal formexception when using the External Tools dialog
- Fixed an issue where colour settings were sometimes not loaded correctly
- Fixed an issue where font settings were sometimes not saved correctly
- Font sizes are now displayed as whole numbers
- Fixed an occasional crash resizing the application window with a collapsed panel
- Corrected baseline positioning of editors and labels in dynamic user interfaces
Changes and new features
- Panels in Option dialogs now load on demand
- Option pages are now only initialized when requested by the appropriate dialog
- Removed status code 520 (origin error) from the list of supported codes for automated error reporting during a crawl
- The Image Viewer window no longer defaults to Fit when displaying an image, but now defaults to Actual size
- Added additional themes for configuring the appearance of the GUI client window
- Fixed an issue cloning
LinkInfoobjects which hopefully is responsible for a rare Cannot access a disposed object crash using the Quick Scan dialog
- Fixed an issue where the sitemap tree view could be populated up to 3 times rather than the expected once when opening a project
- Dynamic options in the Options dialog are now positioned more sensibly in relation to the options label and editor, and other options in the same group
- Fixed a problem where tool tips did not display under certain conditions, or could display the wrong (or blank) text
- Extension mapping for dropped files was case sensitive
- Reworked tool bar layout code to prevent overflowed buttons
- Removed a number of integration hacks
Changes and new features
- Token menus now include environment variables
- Setup now offers to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 if not already present
- The maximized or minimized state of a window was no longer being restored when reopening the window
- The Find and Replace dialogs in text editing windows now correctly default to the selected text as appropriate
- The token button displayed when prompting the user for arguments for external tool execution now displays a menu with available tokens.
- Attempting to open a folder who's full path contains a period no longer displays an Invalid Path message.
- When restoring window position and size, the restored bounds are automatically recalculated to fit the monitor, for example when using via Remote Desktop with a smaller display resolution, or the removal/repositioning of a monitor in a multi-monitor set up.
- The main application window could no longer be sized smaller than its original startup size.
- Fixed a problem introduced in the last update which caused the crash reporter to no longer submit crash reports
- Fixes a crash introduced in 126.96.36.199 when running rules if the URI being processed was shorter than the base project URI
- Fixed a crash that would occur when clearing the link map and the project did not have a valid URI
- Fixed an issue introduced in 188.8.131.52 when deleting items with the popup Rules and Forms editor, where the either the wrong item would be removed visually, or the software would crash.
- Fixed an occasional crash introduced in 184.108.40.206 moving items with the popup Rules and Forms editor. Note that the moving of rules and forms has no functional use and will be removed in a future version of the product. Also note that moving is performed on the underlying collection, not the visual display sort
- Fixed a problem with the Rules, Forms and Password editors where it was often quite difficult to add new items via the popup editors as they kept trying to update a previous selection
- Fixed an occasional crash after using the Quick Scan dialog
- Added manifest so that when running under Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 the OS version is correctly reported.
- Speculative fix for a Parameter is invalid exception that randomly occurs when painting windows
- Fixed a crash that occurred when modifying a rule, and the project URI had been cleared or was invalid
- Fixed a crash that could occur when inserting a new rule or a new form
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to process root level URI's in the sitemap
- Fixed the status bar not updating correctly during a crawl action
Changes and new features
- Experimental: Added a new option to simplify the sitemap treeview. When this option is set, folder containers are no longer displayed if the folder only has a single page
- Experimental: Modifying a rule now reapplies rules to the sitemap, allowing easier sitemap manipulation without having to rescan the site. Note this feature only works on the current contents of the link map, if the linkmap is incomplete due to existing rules a rescan will be required regardless.
- Sorting of the sitemap now uses natural sorting, so names appear in a logical order, e.g.
- The Rule and Forms lists now default to sorted
- List views that support sorted columns now use natural sorting
- When building a sitemap, folders are no longer generated for URI's that match except for differing query strings
- New API to allow plugin authors to add additional functionality to application windows when they are created
- Sitemap treeview now displays URI's relative to the base URI
- Rules that do not use the Use Full Uri flag now also strip out the leading path of the base URI. For example, if the base URI of the project is
http://demo.cyotek.com/staticwebsite/and the current URI being crawled is
http://demo.cyotek.com/staticwebsite/blog/page1.html, the text used by the rule engine will be
- The Differences tab now lists all URI's which are new to the last scan, in addition to existing checks of modification dates. Due to the introduction of this setting, all URI's will be marked as new for existing projects, until that project is rescanned and saved.
- Removed the Use Modified Uri rule flag
- Fixed a problem where clicking OK on the Edit Rule dialog saved changes even if there was a validation error and the user subsequently clicked Cancel
- Fixed a problem where the Quick Scan dialog failed without finding any URL's if the Inclusion / Exclusions options were set
- Fixed a problem where page titles and descriptions containing HTML entities were not decoded
- Fixed a problem where the sitemap could include URI's containing query strings, even if the strip query string segments option was set
- Disabled Glass effects on dialogs when running under terminal services connections
- Fixed a problem where source redirect URI's were not excluded, and appeared in the sitemap
- Outgoing links for an existing link are no longer cleared if the link is excluded for any reason
- Fixed a issue where the skipped status of a URI wasn't reset correctly
Changes and new features
- The Additional URL's section of the Project Properties dialog now allows the entering of relative URI's.
- The sitemap tree view now only loads children on demand, improving performance for large projects
- The different results tabs are also now load on demand, again improving performance for large projects
- Added a new setting which determines if the Sitemap tab is activated when opening existing projects
- Added new options to the Website Size dialog for either using total size or link count for content types, and for limiting the number of slices displayed
- Various minor UI tweaks
- Fixed a problem where duplicate URI's could be present in the linkmap in rare circumstances, causing a crash when trying to reopen the project. A repair tool is also available for projects affected by this bug.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur attempting to retrieve shell icons.
- Fixed a problem where commands linked to URI's that contained spaces in their respective query strings caused the command to fail with an Invalid URI message.
- Fixed rare a problem where it was possible WebCopy would place the same URI twice in the processing queue, and immediately cancel the copy as soon as the second occurrence was hit.
- Fixed a problem where WebCopy did not check the internal document version to ensure it was supported
- Fixed an issue where toolbars were initialized before the window was resized to whatever the user had defined, meaning some toolbars were unnecessarily placed on new rows
- Corrected some invalid message window and dialog titles
- Fixed a crash which occurred when clicking pie slices in the Website Size dialog and filtering was enabled
Changes and new features
- Added a new Ignore SSL Errors option. If this option is set, attempting to scan a website that contains an invalid SSL certificate will be allowed. The default for this setting is false, meaning that WebCopy will not scan websites with invalid certificates.
- Double clicking (or pressing enter) on a file node in the sitemap tree view now displays the appropriate properties dialog
- The Print and Print Preview options are now correctly enabled in the Image Viewer.
- Fixed a problem where CSS was remapped incorrectly if the website scanned wasn't the domain root
- Fixed a crash that occurred calculating disk space estimates if a website was being copied to a UNC path
- Fixed a problem where a website that was supposed to be copied to a UNC path was instead copied to the drive where WebCopy was installed using the UNC server name as a sub folder
- Speculative fix for a CSS remapping crash possibly due to malformed CSS
- Fixed a problem where attempting to open an Explorer window to a UNC path displayed an invalid folder message
- The Page Setup option in the Print Preview dialog didn't do anything when activated
Changes and new features
- Simplified the User Agent editor
- Fixed a problem where CSS files did not have their URL attributes remapped. This was only evident when using the flatten website folder option on a website where CSS files referenced images from other folders.
- If a problem occurs decompressing data compressed using the deflate or gzip algorithms, the download will be automatically retried with these options disabled.
- WebCopy no longer attempts to decompress files that returned none as the content encoding.
- Fixed a crash that occurred if the Use Shell Icons option was enabled but the user did not have access to parts of the Registry when searching for mime types.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when shutting down multiple instances of WebCopy at the same time
- Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to copy a website if the path entered to download the website into contained invalid characters
- Fixed a crash that occurred trying to browse to a path that contained invalid characters
Changes and new features
- Add a new use alternate directory character option. By default, when WebCopy remaps URI's to local files, the / character is replaced with \. Setting this option reverses this default behaviour, so that the \ character is replaced with /. This option can be found in the Copy Settings tab of a project's properties.
- Fixed a problem where remapped anchors had fragment information stripped
- Fixed a problem where attempting to open a folder where the drive letter was in lower case caused WebCopy to display an "invalid path" message.
Changes and new features
- Added a new Origin Report setting. This setting allows the generation of either single or multiple origin files which are saved alongside downloaded content and include the source URI. This new setting can be found in the Advanced section of a projects properties.
- Request headers are now stored with each URI the same as response headers and will be saved in the project for later retrieval if the Save Headers option is set.
- The Headers tab in the Link Properties dialog now displays request headers
- Added new options for setting the Accept and Accept-Language request headers.
- Removed status code 406 (not acceptable) from the list of supported codes for automated error reporting during a crawl
- Temporary files are now created in the folder where the website is being downloaded to, speeding up the final moving of files after a successful download, and avoiding potential problems if the disk where the temp folder is located doesn't have sufficient space to store the downloaded file.
- Quick Scan dialog now displays progress state while performing the scan
- Referring URI's were being incorrectly set since the last update
- Total download size is now incremented correctly even if the content length was reported as zero by the server
- Filtering a grouped list didn't preserve groups when previously filtered items were restored
- URI's that have a status code of 406 (not acceptable) now have the correct skip reason associated with them
- The Content tab of the Test Link dialog didn't always correctly display returned content
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to sort a list
- Fixed a crash if the Content-Type response header contained a space before the encoding name, for example
text/css; charset= UTF-8.
- Fixed a crash if the Content-Type response header specified
- Fixed a crash that could occur if the source URI couldn't be decoded correctly
- Deflate encoding now once again correctly works after being broken in a previous build
- Fixed an occasional crash attempting to get the short form URI pattern when creating rules from an existing URI
- Fixed a problem where tool bars didn't wrap correctly if a new tool bar had to be placed on a new row
Changes and new features
- Experimental: Added the basis of a "quick scan" feature. This scans the top level of the website for unique absolute URI's (removing bookmarks and query strings) and is useful for getting a quick overview of the top level structure of the website, making it easier to detect and exclude pages that have no benefit to copy (such as new thread / reply thread pages in a forum). As with other experimental features, this will be expanded over future updates.
- By default, new projects will now remap local file extensions based on their file type if no existing extension is present
- Removed status code 502 (bad gateway), 503 (service unavailable) and 504 (gateway timeout) from the list of supported codes for automated error reporting during a crawl
- Fixed a problem where when using the Excluded and Add Rule commands, the generated URI was invalid if there was a mix of www prefixed and non prefixed URI's
- Fixed a crash that occurred when clicking the Test URI button in the Form Editor and the URI of the project is invalid
- Fixed a problem where occasionally it was possible to execute two crawls at once, causing the second crawl to crash
- Fixed a crash that occurred when WebCopy tried to map the folder aspect of a URI and a file already existed with the same name
- Fixed a crash that occurred when submitting the remove missing links dialog for a project without a valid URI
Changes and new features
- Status bar now shows pending crawl requests.
- The progress bar now attempts to show current process based on total requests. It's not hugely accurate as it doesn't take into account the size of each request, but is better than a marquee! Windows 7 and 8 users will see the same behaviour on the taskbar progress.
- Added support for the data attribute of the object tag.
- Removed status code 500 (internal server error) from the list of supported codes for automated error reporting during a crawl
- Removed downloaded file hash calculation as they currently aren't used by WebCopy
- Fixed a problem where GZIP compressed content was downloaded incorrectly if the response headers didn't include a content length
- Fixed a problem where some users experienced a startup crash when initializing fonts
- Fixed a build problem that meant some exception reports were missing information
- Fixed a problem where buffers were incorrectly being processed when downloading which could lead to a potential crash or corrupt file if the response header didn't include a content length, and otherwise just did extra repeated work if a length was available
- Fixed a crash that could occur when crawling websites that had many nested branches of links
- Temporary files generated during the analysis of a website are now deleted as soon as they are no longer required, rather than only once the crawl has completed
- The "is missing" check was ignoring HTTP status codes and only going from the scan index
Changes and new features
- Minor improvements to crawl performance with websites that have a lot of cross page linking
- Sitemap tree view now highlights missing URI's with a configurable color
- Sitemap tree view now highlights folder nodes when all children match the same status
- Added a new Remove Missing Links command. This allows you to selectively remove missing URI's from the sitemap, without having to clear the entire map.
- Website Links dialog lists are now highlighted according to the status of the link
- Added additional filter options to the Website Links dialog
- Fixed a crash thath occured when attempting to crawl a CSS file that contained unclosed comments
- URI's which are skipped due to a 403 response code are now correctly flagged as Forbidden as the skip reason
- Exception reports now include details of type load exception data
- A crash no longer occurs if restoring a window's previous state fails
- Fixed a crash which occurred when attempting to combine a URI with a partial URI that contained one of the reserved characters from RFC3986.
- Fixed a problem where URI's were not combined correctly if the relative URI comprised solely of a query string
- Start up errors when loading extensions can now be reported, and no longer prevent the application from starting
- Removed invalid Set as active URL item that appeared on several context menus
- Obsolete outgoing links were not being removed when crawling a source URI
- Filter options in the Website Links dialog are now correctly available no match which tag is active
- Fixed a massive performance issue when populating lists under certain conditions
Changes and new features
- A new Test URI feature is available. This allows you to test a given URL, choose verbs, post information, or experiment with different user agents. Any returned output is viewable, allowing you to easily check if user agents have an impact on returned content, and methods such as HEAD are supported for crawling.
- When entering a URL without a schema, a default schema of http:// will be applied
- Old version notices are no longer displayed after opening a project in the old XML format and then creating a new project
- Fixed a problem where the XML generated by an exception was invalid
- Fixed an issue where the content encoding of a page wasn't picked up if the value ended with ;
- Fixed a crash when trying to open or copy the URI of an invalid tree view node
Changes and new features
- Experimental: Added a new option to display excluded URI's in the sitemap tree view
- Experimental: Added new "quick exclude" option to the context menu of the sitemap tree view. This new feature allows you to quickly including or excluding a given URI from being crawled.
- Replaced 3rd party PDF library, this should allow for better compatibility with different types of PDF documents
- Added a disk space check during the crawl. If WebCopy doesn't think there is sufficient space to download a file, it now automatically aborts the crawl.
- Added a new option for automatically opening the last project when starting WebCopy without a command line
- Content types prefixed with x- automatically fall back to the non-prefixed version where the prefixed version cannot be found
- If the crawl of a given page fails, for example with a 500 error, WebCopy now attempts to get any response data which can then be viewed from the new Content tab of the Link Properties dialog. This response data is not saved with the project and is only available for the duration of the session from which it was populated.
- The Addin Manager dialog now lists loaded meta providers
- Improved the completion message for where a crawl was cancelled during to a failure trying to crawl the primary site URI, or any user defined additional crawl URI's
- Completion dialog now includes statistics on the crawl, such as files downloaded and total size
- Added Knowledge Base link to the Help menu
- Help file updated
- The sitemap tree view is no longer sorted by an odd combination of last modified+page count and name, but now only by name
- Failure to create the save folder no longer crashes the application
- Improved folder validation for projects using the create folder for domain option.
- Fixed a problem where the crawl map wasn't correctly generated if the base URI of the project include a document name
- Fixed a problem where the Add Rule command didn't create a sensible default if the main project URI included a starting document
- Fixed a problem where the selected entry in some list controls was invisible when the control did not have focus
- The Errors tab is now once again correctly made the active tab after a crawl has completed with errors
- Fixed a problem where the pre-crawl validation didn't correctly handle trying to download to a disk that didn't exist
- If a given URI is detected as "not modified", WebCopy will now still scan the links of the local file rather than stopping processing for that URI. This now allows you to correctly download a website once, then only download changed files during future crawls.
Changes and new features
- Crawl exceptions can now be reported to help improve WebCopy
- Validation errors that occur during HTTP parsing are now ignored. This allows crawling of websites such as snapfiles.com which do not follow the HTTP specification
- Exceptions that occur when trying to read website headers (such as the previously mentioned protocol violation) are now correctly reported instead of being silently ignored
- If an error is encounted during a crawl, the message now states that the crawl was cancelled rather than completed successfully
- When saving a WebCopy project, it is correctly written to a temporary file first and then moved to the save file if successfull
- Fixed a rare crash where the exception handler crashed trying to generate the XML report
- Only the first occurrence of each unique mime type was given a shell icon in the the sitemap tree view and other supported views
- The sitemap tree view context menu was enabled even if the tree view was empty, causing crashes if any of the menu items were clicked
- Fixed a crash if you attempted to browse for a folder and had manually entered a path containing invalid characters
Changes and new features
- WebCopy projects are now saved as binary files, and it is no longer possible to save in the old XML format (however you can continue to open them). As a consequence of this change, project files are now smaller (for example a 20MB XML project is now 4MB) and are quicker to load and save. When saving a XML based project, a one time backup will be created of the original XML before the new binary file is written. Note that versions of WebCopy prior to 220.127.116.11 cannot open these binary files.
- Predefined default documents list now includes index.cfm and index.jsp
- Default documents editor now displays the predefined default documents used if the field is left blank
- UI access to "hide" URI's in the link map has been disabled. This functionality will be removed in a future update
- Experimental Sitemap treeview now highlights new or changed links. The color can be configured via the Appearance tab in the Options dialog
- Experimental The Missing tab now also includes new or changed links in addition to links present in a previous scan but now not found
- The last downloaded attribute of URI's are no longer updated if the download was the result of an analyse operation rather than a full copy
- The default save folder option now has an appropriate default
- When creating a new project, any existing sitemap wasn't removed from the treeview
- Fixed a crash which occurred when switching back to the Sitemap tab and the current projects URI was blank or invalid
- Fixed a crash which occurred when attempting to view the website diagram and although a crawl map was available, the current projects URI was blank or invalid
- Failure to save a project no longer results in a crash
- Exceptions that occur when opening a project can now be reported
- Pressing return in the form editor data field and default documents editor no longer attempts to submit the editing dialog
- Fixed the client component name for metrics
- If there is a problem setting the progress bar overlay on the taskbar, a crash no longer occurs
- Fixed the wait cursor not always appearing when a blocking action was occurring
- Fixed a rare clean up crash when removing temporary files
- Fixed UI controls being enabled in the URI properties dialog when they should have been disabled
- Pressing enter on a focused link label now correctly activates the link, instead of attempting to activate the default button for the window
- Default images are now correctly used if shell icons are enabled and no appropriate icon is available
Changes and new features
- The Last-Modified HTTP header is now supported. Last modified values specified elsewhere (for example in the meta tag of a HTML document) will override this value.
- Added new option to set the timestamps of local files to mirror the Last-Modified timestamp where available
- The "Missing" tab was displaying the wrong content for the Title and Description columns
- Fixed a problem where UI settings sometimes were positioned incorrectly in the Options dialog
- Fixed a problem where drop down based UI settings didn't render the selected item correctly when displaying the drop down component
- Fixed a problem where file dialogs pre-populated with a full path didn't set the initial folder of the dialog
- Addins which had additional dependencies located in the addins or views folders failed to work
- Fixed issues with toolbar initialization
Changes and new features
- Backup settings for project files are now available on the Options dialog
- Update check is now enabled by default
- You can now drag and drop projects from Windows Explorer onto the main application window to open them
- Added an option to disable shell icons in the sitemap tree view
- Added an additional path validation check so the application no longer crashes if you set the download folder to be something invalid, such as ftp://.
- Fixed a problem where byte order marks were not being saved into data files, resulting in corrupt text data, such as page titles in the link map. This was only apparent when downloading text documents containing non-ANSI characters. Binary files were not affected.
- Fixed a problem where response encoding was not properly processed
- Fixed a problem where URI processing exceptions that didn't involve an error-state HTTP code weren't reported correctly in the UI
- Fixed a problem where URI which returned quoted character sets (for example
text/html; charset="utf-8") caused processing of that URI to fail. When combined with the above bug, this led to URI's being skipped and no way to tell why they were skipped or what any problems were.
- Fixed an issue where the default user agent was always being used when crawling a website.
- Fixed a crash saving untitled projects introduced in the last build
- Fixed a crash when creating a new tool introduced in the last build
- Fixed a problem where commands with hot keys could be activated while the user interface was disabled, leading to either a crash or an invalid application state
- Fixed a crash if the user attempt to copy an URI and the clipboard was in use
Changes and new features
- External Tools dialog now includes a preview of the command line and allows tools to be executed from within the editing dialog
- External tools now support using environment variables
- User Agent editor now shows the default user agent
- Added a status bar indicator showing how long the current operation is taking
- Added new External URI's and Images reports
- Added automatic update check which can be enabled/disabled in the Options dialog. When enabled, once a day a check is made, and if an update is found a notification is displayed in the status bar.
- The remap extensions mode is no longer a simple on/off switch, but now allows you to select if extensions should always be remapped, never be remapped, or remapped only if no existing extension is present.
- Added the ability to create content viewers
- Added content preview support to report viewer
- The always download latest version option is now enabled by default for all new WebCopy projects
- Fixed an issue where an unexpected exception that occurs during URI preprocessing crashed the application rather than just aborting the active URI
- Exception reports were missing data information
- Fixed settings dialog always reapplying all settings regardless of if the setting page had tracked any changes
- Fixed a crash which occurred if the About dialog was displayed after viewing a report.
- Fixed a problem where a settings page that did not save changes correctly crashed the entire application
- Fixed a crash that occurred if the root Theme menu was clicked
- Fixed an issue where duplicate entries with the same URI and internal ID could be added to the link map when opening a project
- Default user agent was missing platform name
- Single tabbed options dialogs are no longer quite as narrow
- Fixed a number of duplicate accelerators in command menus
- Fixed a crash that occurred if the Courier New font was not available even if an alternate font had been specified in the Options dialog.
- Malformed reports no longer crash the application
- Application should no longer crash if there is a problem rendering button components. Could not reproduce original bug and error report did not include contact details so it's possible issues still exist. This is a workaround, not a true fix.
- Fixed some button tooltips incorrectly including the ampersand and ellipsis characters
- Fixed a problem where modifying a value in the Options dialog partially applied the value even if the dialog was subsequently cancelled
- Fixed a problem where the "show folder paths" options was read via one name, but wrote with another, preventing the value from being usable
- Fixed a problem where the initial state of the Rules Editor was incorrect when displaying the editor in a project with no rules
Changes and new features
- Sitemap tree view now displays file icons rather than a generic document icon
- Added experimental Reports feature for performing dynamic querying of data. At present three read only reports, Redirects, Not Found and Empty Meta Data, are provided, future updates will expand upon these and add the ability to create your own.
- Added the ability to allow editing for link titles and descriptions. This allows you to customize the title and description of a link, and also prevent future updates from resetting the values. Note: If the option to clear the link map when analyzing a project is set, customizations will be automatically lost.
- Added the ability to specify inclusion/exclusion criteria for mime types. This allows you to exclude certain file types from being downloaded, for example you may wish to ignore all EXE files.
- Added new feature to cancel a crawl if a given HTTP status code is met. These options can be configured on the Advanced page of a project's properties.
- Added new Export Site URI's option. This will export all URI's and their statuses to a CSV file for external processing
- The link properties dialog is now resizable
- It is now possible to install additional readers for document meta information
- Added the ability to view a diagram of a websites structure via the the Website Diagram addin.
- Double clicking an item in the Forms list now automatically opens the form editor
- Double clicking an item in the Rules list now automatically opens the rule editor
- Browse folder dialogs now allow entering the path on Windows Vista and above
- Font settings can now be set through the Options dialog
- Substantial API changes to make it easier to use.
- User interface should now remain usable whilst analyzing a website or building sitemaps
- Added the ability to extract the titles from PDF files during crawling
- Added the ability to load meta data from RSS files during crawling
- Added Reverse option to rules. When this option is set, the rule is processed if the regular expression is not matched.
- The link properties dialog now displays incoming and outgoing links for the source URI
- Removed the single instance limit
- HTTP redirect responses are no longer classed as errors
- URL's in link map dialog selection combo box are now ordered
- A new indicator has been added showing the total size of content download during the active crawl operation
- Includes customer experience improvement program
- Various minor user interface enhancements
- Fixed an issue where analyzing a website would incorrectly download content files that could not be crawled
- Errors list no longer displays -1 instead of the appropriate error code
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to open certain project files
- Fixed a problem where it was possible that the wrong item could be edited from the Forms list
- Fixed a problem where it was possible that the wrong item could be edited from the Rules list
- Fixed a problem where an addin that could not be initialized left the application in an unstable state
- Fixed a problem where some application settings were not immediately applied when changed by the user
- Default user agent now follows RFC 2616
- Fixed an issue where URI preprocessing wasn't immediately applied to URI's detected for crawling, which could cause additional unwanted entries appearing in the link and crawl maps.
- Fixed a problem where modifying custom project settings exposed via an addin didn't mark the project as changed
- Fixed a problem where the Disable Links rule condition wasn't working as expected
- Fixed a number of issues with the error reporting tool
- Fixed an issue where creating a new document when changes had been made to the current document did not prompt to save said changes, causing them to be lost
- Fixed an issue where clicking an empty MRU could prompt to remove a blank filename
- Fixed a crash which occurred when hovering over an overflow toolbar button
- Items in the toolbars menu now appear in the correct order
- Regular Expression editor now correctly updates when modifying the Replacement field.
- If a link was modified, it did not mark the project as changed
- The error list now includes the description of HTTP response code errors
Changes and new features
- Added a Replace section to the Regular Expression dialog to make it easier to test replacement expressions
- Various performance enhancements
- The Errors tab no longer lists "Unknown Response" for non-200 HTTP codes, but instead includes the code description
- Added the ability to run user defined custom tools from within the application
- Attempting to open a recent file which no longer exists now prompts to remove the missing file from the recent files list
- Fixed a crash when crawling if a rule was created with an invalid regular expression
- Reworked application mutex to avoid silent startup and shutdown exceptions
- Fixed regular expression cache not being thread safe
- Status bar wasn't correctly cleared if there was a problem populating a view which required a valid crawlmap
- Fixed status bar messages from occasionally not appearing
Changes and new features
- Product help is now available and the product is now out of beta
- Added the ability to enable the "multi line" option in the Regular Expression editor to easier test patterns using ^ on $ on lists of URL's
- Added a Test URL option for Forms, allowing you to test that your forms can be successfully POSTed prior to running a full crawl
- Changed settings dialogs to use a tabbed interface
- Holding down Shift when clicking the Copy Website or Analyze buttons forces the download of all resources, skipping last modified checks
- Fixed a large number of issues with the application services libraries and components
- Fixed an issue where attributes of posted URL's were not correctly loaded if encountered at a later point during the crawl
- Fixed a crash which could occur when using the title replacement options and a page had a null title
- Fixed a crash which could occur when scanning a HTML tag containing a malformed URL
- Fixed an issue where email addresses were stripped if they contained the # character and the "strip fragments" option was enabled
Changes and new features
- The Link Map window now remembers its size and position
- The URI control for selecting the website to analyze is now tied to the system URI history
- Removed the confirmation prompt when rebuilding a crawlmap from saved history information
- The link scanner now supports the use of the base tag. If present, the URI value will be combined with links on the page.
- Fixed various problems which could occur when trying to crawl a site with malformed links containing double slashes after the domain
- If the copy process crashes the application will continue to run after dismissal of the exception reporting dialog
- Fixed a crash which would occur if a generated file name was the same as an existing directory name
- Fixed several crashes which occurred if a valid content type was downloaded as an empty file
- The list of incoming URI's for any given URI were being incorrectly populated
- Fixed an issue where if a URI was referred to in multiple locations, after the first time it was encountered the outgoing and incoming URI links would not be updated correctly for future encounters
- When reloading a project, the link map is no longer crawled looking for pages directly matching the root element, but all non-excluded internal URI's are formed into the map, resolving a problem where the crawl map generating from reloading a project may not match the crawl map generating from analyzing a website
- Fixed the & character from not appearing correctly in the status bar
- Fixed issue with application window being sent behind other top level windows when cancelling a crawl
- Fixed tab order on main window
- Fixed one occurrence where links were not combined correctly causing an infinite cascade (or at least until you hit the path limit for your OS). Additional causes of this bug may still be present, investigations are continuing.
Changes and new features
- A new rule option has been added that can be used to prevent a rule from matching a child URI
- If-Modified-Since header and the NotModified HTTP status code are now supported
- Added a new option to allow the latest version of a file to be always downloaded, skipped if the If-Modified-Since checks
- A new "Missing" tab has been added that shows URL matches in a previous scan that were not matched in the latest scan
- Redirect processing now honors 303 and 307 response codes
- Report lists now display tooltips
- If a link redirects to another, the destination is now stored with the original link
- Content length is now stored with link information, independently of if headers are stored
- Link properties dialog now shows redirect information and content length
- Added the ability to view the size of a website by content type
- Exception reports were using the file version instead of the product version
- Fixed a rare XML crash when saving a project
- Fixed a crash which would sometimes occur when editing a rule or a form
- When downloading a file, the Last Downloaded timestamp is now stored as UTC
- Fixed an error where the content type was not set correctly if HEAD checking was disabled
- Fixed a problem where the local file for a URL would be continously regenerated if the "Empty Save Folder" option was not set
- Fixed a problem where it was possible for a URL to be crawled even though pre processing had rejected the URL
- Empty directories are no longer generated for URL's which fail pre processing, such as redirects or unsupported content types
- Fixed a crash which would occur if the referring URL was not available
- Fixed a crash which would occur if the "content-type" header wasn't present when pre-processing a URL
- URI's which end with / but point to a valid text/html document no longer strip of the final segment when generating the local filename and the flatten directories option is disabled
- Link properties dialog now correctly includes the time when a file was last downloaded
- Buttons in the main window now correctly follow the colors of the main theme
Changes and Updates
- Meta refresh redirects are now crawled and remapped
- Changed how redirects are handled, these will now appear in the main report lists
- Files list now displays the content type of entries
- Skipped list now displays the content type of entries
- Added new Not Found and Redirect exclusion reasons, redirects and missing files will no long appear as "None" in skip lists.
- Two URL's with the same host bar the www prefix (e.g. http://cyotek.com/ and http://www.cyotek.com/) are now treat the same when determining if a URL is external.
- URI's were not correctly combined on pages being crawled as a result of a redirect.
- Reloading a sitemap which contained redirects did not display a map for any content discovered after the redirect
- No longer attempts to download content for redirected responses
- Project's weren't always being correctly marked as changed
- Application wouldn't start on 64bit Windows (regression from 18.104.22.168).
- Lists are correctly cleared before an analyze or copy action (regression from 22.214.171.124).
- When creating or opening a project, the contents of the Files tab were not being cleared (regression from 126.96.36.199).
Changes and Updates
- Substantial performance improvements have been made when loading large projects containing many links.
- Updated to use Html Agility Pack 1.4
- A new option to control if headers should be saved in the project file has been added. This option is disabled by default.
- Cut, copy and paste commands are now available from the main window. However, lists and trees currently only support copy.
- Titles and Descriptions were attempted to be obtained from all files, causing a rare crash.
- The Accept GZip Compression option was never correctly read from the project file.
- Toolbar visibility was not preserved between sessions
Changes and Updates
- Add-ins can now be enabled and disabled.
- Appearance themes are now enabled.
- The views Skipped and Files now have a context menu.
- The Speed, Time Elapsed and Time Remaining columns have been removed as they aren't working.
- Relative paths weren't being saved in project files correctly
- The application wasn't correctly attached to the error handling system
- Command line arguments are now correctly processed.
- Filenames were not being regenerated when opening a project.
- Completion messages now correctly warn when errors were detected during copying.
- Fixed a problem where running on XP either didn't display disabled images or crashed.
Changes and Updates
- A new options page for controlling the local copy options has been added.
- The project properties dialog now displays several of the common editors to provide access to properties which could not be changed in the alpha build.
- The context menu for various lists now has an Edit Local File option.
- Added a new option to control if extensions are remapped based on their content type.
- Results list now shows elapsed time and estimated time of downloads.
- 401 authentication requests are now supported, either via predefined credentials or during the crawl via a password dialog.
- The default buffer size has been increased to a larger value, allowing for faster downloads. In addition, the buffer size is now configurable.
- Gzip compression is now supported.
- Deflate compression is now supported.
Crawling is now performed on a separate thread, resolving sluggish behaviour with the user interface.
- The Link Map Viewer now has a tab for displaying all links found. All lists in this dialog have had new columns added with more details on the links.
- The project properties dialog now provides access to properties which could not be changed in previous builds.
- Object model simplified, some confusing class inheritance has been removed.
- Added the ability for additional content type handlers to be used.
- Added the ability to specify multiple seed URI's.
- A new configuration section has been added allowing you to store authentication credentials in a project file and to disable the password dialog when crawling.
- Added a new viewer extensibility options allowing new tabs to be added to the interface.
- Major refactoring of the base IApplication implementation.
- Response headers are now stored in the link map. The Link Properties dialog now displays these headers.
- The Link Properties dialog now displays local path information and the ability to open, open the containing folder, or edit the local file.
- Scanning of subdomains is now supported.
- You can now select from a common list of user agents.
- Crawling will no longer occur above the root level by default. A new option has been added to toggle this behaviour.
- Exclusions have been renamed to Rules to reflect their changing nature in this build and future planned enhancements.
- When using the Add Rule context menu item from a result list, the editing dialog is now displaying allowing the entire rule to be configured.
- The Add Rule command now includes any applicable query string in the URL for the rule.
- A basic Regular Expression Editor is available and can be accessed via the Function button displayed next to supported fields.
- Error text associated with a page error is now stored in the link map.
- The page errors list will now be regenerated on loading a project with a saved link map.
- The Link Map Viewer now displays link titles and error text.
- Redirects were not followed for 301 or 307 status codes.
- The error list wasn't properly recording all errors which occurred during a crawl.
- The failure to download a file due to a non-HTTP related error should no longer crash the application.
- The prompt to create a missing save folder now includes the folder name instead of a formatting placeholder.
- Fixed an issue where local file names contained escaped HTML entities.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for local file names to contain illegal characters.
- Analyzing a website now only downloads files supported for crawling.
- CSS contained within comment blocks is no longer crawled.
- Page links found in an IFrame or Frameset were not scanned.
- Cancelling a crawl now also correctly aborts the current transfer instead of waiting for it to complete.
- If a list was scrolled horizontally, the content menu displayed from the filter bar wasn't positioned correctly.
- Fixed a bug where response headers were not available if the request was not an expected response code.
- The result expression editor no longer displays results for a blank expression.
- Duplicate keyboard accelerators have been fixed.
- The Sorted property of a crawl map now correctly defaults to false.
- Fixed a problem where it was possible for the CommandManager to try and load classes it had no business loading, causing error messages to be displayed on startup.
- Fixed a problem where command interface elements were not always given a name, leading to a problem where items could not be accessed unless the full text was known.
- The failure to load an image resource for a command interface element will no longer cause the application to fail to initialize.
- The Add Rule and Add Form dialog's caused a crash when being used to create rather than modify items.
- If a link to child of a page which has been matched to a rule with the DisableCrawl option is detected, the entire link will now be excluded.
- Fixed some selection inconsistencies in rules and forms editors.
- The Add Rule command now automatically escapes regular expression elements within the URL, such as the ? of a query string.
- Fixed some layout problems in Windows XP.
Download current and archived versions of Cyotek WebCopyDownload
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista SP2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- 20MB of available hard disk space