Supported palette formats Color palette editing made easy
The table below lists all of the colour palette forms that Cyotek Color Palette Editor can support.
|18-bit RGB VGA Palette 1||Yes||Yes|
|24-bit RGB VGA Palette||Yes||Yes|
|Adobe Color Table||Yes||Yes|
|Adobe Photoshop Color Swatch 2||Yes||Yes|
|Adobe Swatch Exchange 3 4||Yes||Yes|
|CoreDRAW 5 6||Yes||Yes|
|DeluxePaint Image 7||Yes||No|
|Microsoft RIFF 8||Yes||Yes|
Not all palette formats support all given features, e.g. grouping or swatch names. Some formats also support a greater color precision than other formats. If you convert a palette from one format to another, or save a palette with features not supported by the format you are saving as, some information may be lost.
In addition to the first party palette support listed above, Color Palette Editor can also import and export to other file types. Custom templates can also be defined, allowing palettes to be exported to bespoke text formats.
Cyotek is very interested in adding support for as many formats as possible. If you require support for a given format not currently available in this application (for example, formats belong to applications of yesteryear) contact us with details and we will look into adding support.
- This format is used by old DOS/Windows games such as Command and Conquer, Powermonger, Ultima 4, Stonekeep and many more
- HSB and Lab spaces are not currently supported
- Groups are automatically flattened as the palette editor UI does not support groups yet
- Only RGB colour space is currently supported
- PAL or XML palettes only. Legacy binary palettes not currently supported
- Only RGB and CMYK colour spaces are currently supported
- 8bit color images only
- Extended palettes are not currently supported
The original location of this content can be found here.
Download current and archived versions of Cyotek Color Palette EditorDownload
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista SP2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- 20MB of available hard disk space
This software may be used free of charge, but as with all free software there are costs involved to develop and maintain.
If this site or its services have saved you time, please consider a donation to help with running costs and timely updates.Donate