Cyotek Slicr Upcoming Changes Slice up images into separate files
The following are changes currently implemented in development builds of Cyotek Slicr. Please note that these changes are not final and may be removed prior to the next stable release. If you have any comments about these forthcoming changes, please contact us.
Nightly builds featuring these changes are available from the Downloads page.
- Added a new Leading Zero option to project output options. When set to Auto (default), auto generated filenames automatically add leading zeroes to slice indexes so the files will order correctly. When set to Off, no leading zeroes are added. Previous versions of Slicr would behave in "off" mode.
- Added a new
lzargument to the command line interface for specifying the new leading zero option
- When logging an exception, diagnosis actions are such as new version downloads or links to workarounds are now displayed, if applicable
- Added a new option to control whether or not new pre-release (beta) versions are included in update checks
- Added support for reading and writing of multiple additional image formats
- Images using the WebP format are now supported
- Command line parsing now supports use of
@<filename>syntax, allowing arguments to be loaded from external files
- Now requires Microsoft .NET 4.6
- The background colour used for non-image portions of image viewers no longer currently defaults to AppWorkspace. Previously it used ActiveCaption which didn't have the intended effect on older operating systems
- The Create Desktop Icon option in setup is no longer checked by default
- Setup should now automatically uninstall previous versions
- Disabled glass effects unless using Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Removed the setup option for creating a Quick Launch icon
- Due to offline help always being outdated due to the general weakness of the product manuals, the offline help files are no longer included in the setup, and requesting help will always display the online version
- Some dialogs only supported local help requests and were unable to show help if the local help file was not available
- The slice index was 1-based in the UI, but 0-based when generating file names. It is now 1-based for file names.
- Fixed a startup crash that could occur when initializing the project properties view
- If a view crashes when updating, it is now disabled for the remainder of the session without crashing the entire application
- Fixed a crash that occurred using the External Tools dialog the Environment Variables sub menu was clicked
- Fixed an issue where token menus (for example those in the External Tools dialog) containing environment variables could be excessively wide
- In certain circumstances, command line arguments would not be parsed correctly
- When changing settings via the main Options dialog, some settings would not be applied as the old versions were cached
- Fixed a startup crash that prevented the application from being used if the theme had not been set either manually or automatically by a previous version
Download current and archived versions of Cyotek SlicrDownload
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, 2003, XP
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- 10MB of available hard disk space