Tutorial 2: Using the web site information panels Copy websites locally for offline browsing
Information in this section is currently outdated due to recent changes to WebCopy UI components.
This second tutorial covers the information panels displayed in the lower section of the WebCopy main window. These panels allow you to see the contents and structure of a website, and any errors that were encountered crawling the website.
With the exception of the Results panel, which is only available after a scan or copy operation, the information in all other panels is stored within your project file.
Opening a remote URL
- Context click an item in the list and choose Open in browser to open the remote URL in your default browser.
Opening a local file
- Context click an item in the list and choose Open local file to open the local file in the default registered application. This option is not available in the Errors, Skipped or Missing panels.
Opening a local folder
- Context click an item in the list and choose Open local folder to open an Explorer window at the location of the local file. This option is not available in the Errors, Skipped or Missing panels.
Editing / previewing a local file
- Context click an item in the list and choose Open local folder to open the file within WebCopy . Only text based or image files are currently supported. This option is not available in the Errors, Skipped or Missing panels.
Creating a Rule
- Context click an item in the list and choose Add Rule to open a rule editor for the selected URL.
Viewing the Link Map
- Context click an item in the list and choose View Link Map to view the list of URL's pointing to and from the selected URL.
Viewing the properties of a URL
- Context click an item in the list and choose Properties to display the properties of the URL.
Copying the selection
- Context click one or more items in the list and choose Copy to copy the selection to the Windows Clipboard.
Exporting to CSV
- Context click the list and choose Export to export the contents of the list to a Comma Separated Values (CSV) document. This option is not available in the Sitemap panel.
The Results Panel
This panel displays the results of the last scan or copy operation. Green icons indicate a successful action, yellow indicate an action that was aborted due to the settings of the project, and red icons indicate errors.
The list displays the URL that was process, the final status of the URL, how the URL was found and the size of the URL's contents.
The Errors Panel
The errors panel displays a list of errors that were encounter during the last scan or copy. URL's that were skipped (for any reason) do not count as errors and are not listed here.
The Sitemap Panel
This panel displays the structure of the copied website, including files.
The Skipped Panel
This panel displays a list of any URL's which were skipped. A URL can be skipped for several reasons, including:
- A URL which is external, ie not belonging to the domain currently being scanned
- A URL which has been excluded via a rule
- A URL which is above the starting URL of the copy
The Files Panel
This panel displays a list of the files discovered during the crawl. Similar to the Sitemap panel, it is presented as a flat list.
The Differences Panel
This panel displays the differences (such as new or removed URI's) between the current scan, and the previous scan.
The Cookies Panel
This shows any cookies which were stored during the crawl.
The original location of this content can be found here.
Download current and archived versions of Cyotek WebCopyDownload
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista SP2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- 20MB of available hard disk space
This software may be used free of charge, but as with all free software there are costs involved to develop and maintain.
If this site or its services have saved you time, please consider a donation to help with running costs and timely updates.Donate